Sunday, 8 November 2015

Know your Author : Amisha Sethi



I love the warmth and unconditional giving of Indians for their family and friends.  "





Rahul : what leads you to write ' It Doesn't Hurt To Be Nice '  ? Did you enjoy writing it ? Would you write another ?

Author : We all have purpose in life. I realized my purpose in life is to be a better human being with each passing day and this strong urge to take this message to millions in a fun and entertaining way, triggered me to pen my debut book "It doesn't hurt to be nice"
I enjoyed every word of writing my book, in fact every word is from the bottom of my heart. I think this is the most meaningful work of my life :-)!!!

Yes I am penning my second book which is on soul mates and touches the beautiful nuances of love but with hilarious twists and turns. It is called "Love is simple but why Men are so complex"



Rahul : Would you kindly debrief about ' It Doesn't Hurt To Be Nice '  for all those who yet to taste your book ? 

Author : ‘It doesn’t hurt to be nice’ is a Life discovery saga with sprinkles of humour and drama.  I have made an attempt to spread the message of kindness, love, happiness and being beautiful inside out using dramatic and hilarious experiences of the character ‘Kiara’. It’s a first of its kind book where teachings of ancient scriptures and global philosophers are transcended in the simplest of form so that it can reach millions of young people in a fun and entertaining way.

Quick snapshot of the story:
It is a story of Kiara. Kiara is a dynamic, thirty-something girl who has reached great heights professionally, and is the apple of the eye for almost everyone who knows her. But she never took any short cuts to become happier, wiser, healthier and more compassionate. She had to find rays of hope where the dark tunnel seemed unending, and identify shade in life’s burning path. She found little pearls of wisdom in chasing her dreams, in spreading laughter, in learning from scriptures and philosophers, and even at one point in almost ending her life.
More than Kiara’s story and the wisdom she achieves through the various dramatic and hilarious experiences, this book is a motion picture with you in the lead role. You as the ‘hero’ who can beat the most stubborn of villains – most of which lie deep within us…our fear, unkindness, selfish interests, negative thoughts and jealousy. You as the ‘heroine’ who is sharp and witty in talking, selfless and caring in love, and charming and beautiful inside out, like none other (perhaps a 2.0 version of you). Walk with Kiara to find a better you, because It Doesn’t Hurt to be Nice.





Rahul :  What challenges you face while writing ' It Doesn't Hurt To Be Nice '  ?


Author : I was working full time at a senior position in a multinational firm, and hence taking out dedicated time to pen the book was difficult. Also I did tons of research while penning this book. I visited ancient sites of India, studied sculptures and also all kinds of ancient scriptures.



Rahul : What else you want your readers to know ? Consider here your liked &

dislikes , your interests and hobbies , your favourite ways to
unwind-whatever comes in mind .


Author : I love every moment of my life and try to give my best shot at whatever I am doing. I love to paint and dance as well. I am professionally trained in various dance forms like Salsa, Zumba, contemporary, Jazz and fusion. I am fitness freak and do run at the least 3 kms per day!



Rahul :  Give us three " Good to know " facts about you . Tell us about your

first job , any fun detail you like to share 

Author : 

  • I live by the day. No regrets and no crazy desires. Just simply live to achieve my ultimate purpose to be a good human being and beautiful inside out
  • My first job was at Airtel, where I joined as a management trainee in 2002. I and my colleagues used to hang out like crazy in Delhi. We used to enjoy the delicious paranthaas near Vikram hotel to crazy party times in Noida. 
  • I simply love watching movies of all kinds. There was a time when I saw 4 movies shows in a day with my gang of friends.


Rahul :  What are the favourite books to give- & get- as gifts ?


Author : I would love to gift my own book to all my friends and family. And beyond my book, it will be Eckhart's "Power of Now"


Rahul :  What are your 10 favourite books & why ? What was the book that
influenced your life & why ?


Author : My all time favourite books are:
Khalid Hosseini's 'The kit runner'
Upanishads
Yoga Vashishta

The book that has influenced me the most is Upanishads. The transcending values and wisdom of kindness, pure heart and mind, soul searching and love is timeless and absolutely life changing.




               
Rahul :  What are you reading right now ? 


Author : I am reading Yoga Vashita right now.


Rahul :  What do you love the most as the citizen of India .


Author : I love the warmth and unconditional giving of indians for their family and friends. 


Rahul :  who do you look to and read these days for ideas and inspiration ?


Author : I look at my own experiences and understanding of life for ideas and inspiration. 

Rahul : Does the Character ' Kaira ' is inspired by someone you know in person ? 

Author :The Character is inspired by own self realizations in life.



Rahul : Few months back  our beloved Former President Dr. APJ Abdul kalam's sudden demise shook everyone in India . Nation mourns for his great son . Had you ever met President Kalam ? How President Kalam inspired you ?


Author: No I havent met Mr. Kalam, though I would have loved to meet him. He inspires me as he seems to be a great person by mind and heart. A very good human being.




Read Book review of It Doesn't Hurt to Be Nice HERE




1 comment:

  1. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post!
    fun and entertaining

    ReplyDelete