Is it really SN stuff ?
" Four friends . . . four lives . . . one decision!
Four college students, who couldn’t be more different from each other, move into a flat in Mumbai. While Varun is sloppy but lovable, Ahana is gutsy and reckless; Malvika is the group’s selfie queen and Garima is the most reserved in the group.
Yet, all four get along like a house on fire. Although each of them is battling personal demons, their commitment to the bond of friendship they have built over time holds them together. Things, however, take a turbulent turn when one of the four finds herself caught in a mess. Will they stick together or fall apart?
'You’re Trending in My Dreams' is a true story that will reaffirm your faith in the magic of love and friendship "
BOOK DETAILS :
You're Trending in My Dreams
Penguin Random House
Goodreads Rating : 1/5
BOOK REVIEW :
Plot revolves around four friends Varun , Malvika , Ahana & Garima . Like his earlier books , author try to bolt the essence of Friendship . Story took the flight when Varun dropped off to Mumbai to live in with Ahana , his old school friend who was already sharing her place with Malvika and Garima . With time , Varun and Malvika fell for each other and events turned in manner to test the friendship of 4 friends . Every protagonist is portrayed in unique way . Ahana who's embedded as a modern girl who loves shopping and is daughter of a business man but her father never took interest in her whereabouts and actions un her family but made her available as much money she wants which somewhere makes her a cold hearted kid . Varun also have bitter relationship with his dad . After passing away of his mother , his dad beats and abused him . He wants Varun to join Army but varun is reluctant to do BSc and so ran away from home & took asylum at Ahana's place where he met Malvika . Malvika and Garima used to be in same college and met Ahana in Gym and decided to move in with her . Maliva is a chirpy and mature girl while Garima is bolted asoan introvert who's fighting with her past .
● Felt as reading old content again .
● I'm a voracious instagrammer so found some lines from there .
● Protagonist is portrayed as a student and works as a par timer in some cafe to get some extra money is proposing his belived with something I found not-possible for a kind-of-person portrayed . Flying a plane tailed with some message on a banner is not allowed by the pocket of any college student .
● Story is not at all pacy like earlier once . Some stances make me think to leave the book in between .
● Stuff is not as great as the promotion and branding of this book is done .
● Story is divided into numerous chapters and in some stances i felt as if whole chapter is portrayed on basis of last 2-3 general lines.
● Last 1/3rd part of the story makes some sense giving an idea how relationships can't just called off on temporary spats .
● Author with Varun and his dad's character portrayed how sometimes we just don't say to people how much special thy are and our silence possible takes us far from them .
So...... in short , I'm disappointed with this book but ... I'm a huge fan of SN and admires his work of last 5 books .
You're Trending In My Dreams is available at following Online Store
" This is Not a Paid Review ! The Opinions expressed in the review are my own , and remain unbiased and uninfluenced . "
- Rahul Rai Khatri