Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Conversation With Author Abir Mukherjee




INTERVIEW

Rahul : What lead you to write SOAR  ? Did you enjoy writing it ? Would you write another ?

Author : One of my friends, Kartik had proposed a unique business idea which I had never heard before. I was completely spellbound by that out of box thought. We had planned to implement that along with one of our close friends, Dipanjan. However, we failed to turn that in reality. India is an orthodox country and always reluctant to accept any experimental concept.

That unfulfilled desire had driven me to write SOAR. Except that business plan, all the characters and incidents have been described in SOAR are completely fictitious.
I have enjoyed the process thoroughly. It was an agony for me to see that outstanding proposal going in vain. SOAR is an attempt to give some justice to that Business plan. 

I will continue my writing till I could think of some interesting plots. 

Rahul : Would you kindly debrief about SOAR for all those who yet to taste your book ?

Author : SOAR is all about an unflinching journey of three IT professionals to pursue their dream business, jeopardizing their stable jobs, life and relations. 

Rahul : What challenges you face while writing SOAR ?

Author : There are a few portions in 'SOAR' where I had to deal with Indian legal procedures and It tool huge time and effort for me to research on the same.
As I hate to convey the wrong information or leave logical flaws in my books.

Other than that, it was quite a smooth process to write SOAR and get it published.   

Rahul :  What else you want your readers to know ? Consider here your liked &
dislikes , your interests and hobbies , your favourite ways to
unwind-whatever comes in mind.

Author : I write for my readers and without their intervention my writing is incomplete. I always crave to communicate with my readers, each and every individual who reads my books. I like to take this opportunity to invite all my readers to chat with me at (FB Profile: https://www.facebook.com/abir.mukherjee.98) or mail (abir.mukherji@gmail.com)
I cherish appreciation and pin the criticisms in my head so that I can rectify them in my next.

Please choose books based on its reviews; not being attracted by the glitz of advertisement. Those books need catchy advertisement which are not catchy itself. Or you should go with your intuition, reading the backside blurb

RahulGive us three " Good to know " facts about you . Tell us about your
first job , any fun detail you like to share.

Author : PASS :)





Rahul :  What are the favourite books to give- & get- as gifts ?


Author : Indian writing is always my favourite as I can relate to those stories closely. Hence, in both the cases it will be some book written by Indian Author.
If I gift someone a book, I will prefer the collections of short stories presuming all of us running out of time and in a hurry; though I am not sure about the reason.
And Ruskin Bond will be my first choice in that case.
If you are planning to gift me a book, please go ahead and pick any of your favourite books. I will love to read. :)




Rahul : What are your 10 favourite books & why ? 

Author : SHARADINDU AMNIBAS by SHARADINDU BANDHOPADHYAY
Devdas, Parinita, Srikanta By sarat chandra chattopadhyay
Chokher Bali, Kabuliwallah, Noukadubi, The Postmaster and many more by Rabindranath Tagore
Babli By Buddhadeb Guha
The entire Feluda and Professor Shonku series by Satyajit Ray



Rahul :What are you reading right now ? Are there any authors ( Dead or alive

) that you would name as influences .


Author : The Murderer Next Door: Why the Mind Is Designed to Kill by David M. Bus. It's a hand-picked from a library near to my home. I am working on my next, a suspense thriller. So, I am researching a bit about Murderers' psychology.

Chetan Bhagat. There are lots of people to criticize him and I believe they are right up to some extend as well. But we can't ignore his contribution to inspire the youth of our country to write books. I am among them.



Rahul : What do you love the most as the citizen of India.


Author : I like the fighter within us. We are deprived in many aspects compare to the citizen of other countries like USA, UK etc. However, we are fighting against all the odds in our day to day life and making progress in several sectors. I am proud to be an Indian.



Rahul : Few days back  our beloved Former President Dr. APJ Abdul kalam's sudden demise shook everyone in India . Nation mourns for his great son . Had you ever met President Kalam ? How President Kalam inspired you ?


Author : I am not fortunate enough to meet him. 

More than a great scientist, I am inspired by him as a great philosopher. As we are taking about SOAR here, I would like to quote one of his great advice which is the theme of SOAR - "My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people."

I saw a few posts on FB which I like to share in this occasion. Whenever you will open your laptop/computer/mobile, search for APJ Abdul Kalam in google to make most-searched-personality of 2015. That might be a true tribute to that great soul of his country.



No comments:

Post a Comment